What’s On My FaceJune 10, 2023
Lately I’ve been getting asked what sort of make-up/facial products I use so I decided to list out everything I use on the daily.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer; This stuff is good. I recently had been having this weird issue with my skin where one side of my face was dryer than the other. This daily moisturizer is made specifically for combination (oily & dry) skin types and definitely did the trick for me. I love how a little goes a long way and it doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy or tight.
- Make Up For Ever High Definition Foundation; I started wearing makeup around age 15 and ever since then I have searched high and low for the perfect foundation. One that won’t clog my pores, stays put all day & doesn’t resemble stage makeup *coughMACcough*. One day I walked into a Sephora store and my search was over. I apply it with a make-up sponge wedge once a day and its awesome. It gives my entire face the even coverage and matte finish I had been looking for. A bit pricey but oh-so worth it.
- Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara; In step with the perfect foundation, my quest for the ideal mascara was a long one as well. I’ve tried virtually every kind out there and while some were good, none can compare to the wonders of Rimmel’s. True to it’s name, the pretty-in-purple tube comes equipped with a pinched wand applicator, which coats on rather nicely-half the time I don’t even have to use my eyelash curler. I’m a big fan of the plastic comb vs. the traditional brush, which can get clumpy and pulls out your lashes instead of defining them.
- Makeup Remover/Cleansing Towelettes; These little babies are amazing. The ones pictured above are the Neutrogena brand but like me, you can get the Target brand for almost half the price (the ingredients and everything are all exactly the same). If you’re like me and you hate having to go through the hassle of washing your face at the sink every night, you’ll love these cleansing cloths. They remove every and all traces of makeup and oil, without over-drying or making your eyes sting. Plus they leave your skin smelling clean with a faint fragrance of something (not sure what, it just smells refreshing!). Glenn loves when I jump into bed at night after using one of these and immediately nuzzles my face :D I usually apply my facial moisturizer from #1 right after for ultimate cleanliness.
- L’Oreal True Match Blush; Since my skin varies slightly in color depending on the season, I like to use this blush to blend in evenly with my skin tone. Right now I’m using L’Oreal’s True Match in Tender Rose. It’s purdy. And doesn’t leave me looking like a Harijuku doll.
- MAC Technakohl Eye Liner Pencil; I love this because its almost like a pencil/gel liner hybrid. It’s retractable and glides on easily but DOESN’T BUDGE EVER. This is huge. I only use pencil to line my lower lashes and one of the best ways to rain on my makeup parade is when I end up looking like a raccoon midday and am constantly wiping under my eye to clean up smudges. When it comes to eye stuff MAC’s got it goin’ on.
- Almay Smart Shade Concealer; I’m a 20-something who likes to party so guess what, I have circles under my eyes. I found this concealer makes me look like I’ve had 20 hours of sleep inside a botanical garden pod aka I look refreshed! There are different shades to match your individual skin color and of course you always want to go a shade lighter so your skin appears bright and not splotchy. It’s liquid so I just dab it under my eye and pat it on with my finger. This goes on immediately after moisturizing and before any other makeup touches your pretty face.
- Cover Girl Bronzer; When all is said and done and your makeup application ritual is complete I like to dust on some shimmery bronzer. The ONLY areas you should apply it to are whats known as your “t-zone”-forehead, cheekbones & chin. These are the places where natural sunlight would hit your face and is the desired look you’re trying to mimic with bronzer.
- L’Oreal Lineur Intense; Liquid eyeliner is my best friend. Srsly. It literally defines the rest of my face/makeup choices depending on how I wear it. My signature style is usually: thick on the lash-line and flicked out and upwards on the edges a’la Amy Winehouse (but not THAT intense, or intoxicated). The great thing about liquid is if you mess up or want to start over, its easily removed with a wet q-tip and you don’t have to worry about messing up any of the previously applied products. FTW.
So that, ladies & gentlemen (are any boys out there? *echo*) is my daily makeup routine. 9 products may seem like a lot but honestly it only takes me roughly 5-10 minutes to apply everything. Longer of course, on the days I feel like glamming it up a bit and using eye shadows (I like MAC) or lip color (Benefit makes great glosses). Also, with the exception of the MUFE HD foundation, you can find all of the products I use at your local drugstore. My motto is, you don’t have to spend a million bucks to look it.
What about you? What do you put on your face?
Love & cupcakes,
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged Cosmetics, Makeup, Rituals. Bookmark the permalink. ← My First (and hopefully last) Emo Post Things I Love Thursday →